i have seemed to have lost my way.
lost focus on what is really important to me.
being distracted unneccessarily.
not smooth sailing as it once was.
is being promoted in NS more important than passing my ACCA exams?
does this make me selfish?
making me look like i only think about myself.
am i actually only thinking about myself?
i need to priortise my objectives.
and fast.
exams are in december, thus it doesn't give me much time to revise anymore.
and not only that, i seem to be losing touch with my closest friends.
i used to meet them every week for a game of squash or just a session at the gym,
now i hardly get to see them.
NS is really a big big distraction.
now i know why people just go with the flow rather than trying their best at times.
i used to have fun in camp.
now its something i just want to get it done and over with.
as they say, doing things that you don't like makes one grow up.
is it really true?

1 Comments:
LoL
Take it easy man.. NS is just temporary.. Your exams are always more important..
I realised earlier this year that due to a NEW directive, it is literally IMPOSSIBLE for me to get CPL.. So I'm a condemned LCP.. Oh well, suck thumb for a few more months and what difference does that make?? I'm not a regular (neither are you).. I'll be outta here studying across the globe, all that will remain will be a memory of being a LCP.
It's nice to get promotions and stuff, but look at the big picture.. You're a PTI.. Even later in your NS reservist life, you're not as important as some big officer on the battlefield. Don't mess your head over minor NS stuff..
In life, you've always gotta sacrifice something to achieve another.. I'd say sacrifice your 2 year rank and go for that which will still be worth something 20 years down..
Growing up is about learning to differentiate what's important and worth doing over what's not.. But, what's not as important always seems more fun and worth doing.. (I know, life's never easy)..
Now, stop being so busy and ask me out for a coffee!! You're not a CEO (yet) you know.. I shouldn't have to book appointments till you're (hmm..) 30? LoL maybe at your rate it'll be 25.. *shrugs*
Post a Comment
<< Home