It has only been one day.
One day after my 7th paper.
It'll be another 6 days till my next and last 2 papers,
and I'm already feeling like its the holidays.
It's amazing that I'm not feeling as stressed out as I usually do during the exam periods.
Is it over-confidence?
Am I assuming that the papers will be like those questions practised during lectures?
So far, I should think I doing fine for the examinations, though I doubt I can do as well as I did during my first semester.
Well, it's because I was really mugging for those papers, starting revision months before my fellow classmates started feeling any kind pressure thats for sure.
Now however, I revised briefly.
Only concentrating on certain topics, mainly those spotted by my lecturer.
But how life likes to screw you up.
Those topics that were spotted by my lecturer, only 1 of those topics came out.
What did I do for the other 3 questions( there were a total of 4 questions to be attempted )?
Well, lets just say I'm glad I paid attention during class, or esle for sure I'd be dead.
Straight after that paper was over, all I felt was disappointment and bitterness, no mood what so ever to study for the next paper, no mood to chat with my friends and to go through the paper.
I was disappointed at myself for thinking for sure that those topics would be the ones that'll be tested.
I was such a fool, a fool to take that paper so lightly, looking down on it thinking I'd conquered it even before sitting for it.
And bitterness, for the lecturer seemed so confident that those topics would in fact come out.
I guess it was my own fault as lecturers spot questions for us to concentrate on, those topics having the highest possibly of being tested but we as students shouldn't concentrate on those only.
I realised I was wrong to vent my anger on someone esle but myself.
Again I was placing the blame on someone esle and not taking full responsibilty of my own actions.
I guess this paper thought me that nothing can be guaranteed in examinations, no such thing as "comfirm".
And examinations are there to test one's abiltity on the whole syllabus.
No one can spot all 4 topics that would be tested, unless he/she was luckily, in which case should take part in lottery.
Thus I'll be covering as much as possible in the next 6 days for my last 2 papers, being on taxation and financial management.
Both of which I find challenging, especially for taxation.
It having so many terms, formulae, conditions to be taken considerations of.
But I'm glad I took it up, it helping me understand the system of tax for individuals and companies.
I don't think I'd appreciate it when I don't know what I'm being taxed for.
At least for now I'm covering the basics, and soon during ACCA, the more advance level of the tax system.
A paper I'm looking forward to.
The latter being finacial management.
With topics like working capital requirement, cash operating cycle, working capital management, etc.
I was privillaged to be guided by a lecturer who could bring all the calculations, formats, definations of the topics across to us in such a clear and understanding manner.
It really helped me in coping with the module, making revision less stressful.
So anyway, after that 6th paper, I'd learnt my lesson and will be covering all bases in the next 2 papers hoping it isn't too late.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home